Friday, July 18, 2008

Lebanon or Home


When you say Lebanon...all I hear now is "Home"... and it took quiet a while for me to hear and feel this sound...for a long time, I had felt like I didn't belong

But now I am going to be possessive and proud, if you may excuse me

My past weeks in Bangladesh have injected a mean and huge amount of power into my veins, and I feel invincible. I discovered the verb "can" and I will abuse of it, there is nothing we can't do, and yes I will abuse of it ... I can change, I can fix my mess, I can be me, I can feel home, I can give, I can live, I can cry, I can cheer, dance, smell, eat, drink, and I can transmit "can" and I will give you "can"

You can change, you can fix your mess, your mess is not bigger than mine trust me, you can feel home, you can give, you can live, you can and will cry and cheer and dance with your loved ones and alone and you can transmit it.

we are "can" vectors...And we should abuse of it.

I will go home, that four-letter word is a small land...a green and rich small land...where the sun sets on the beach and rises behind the hills...that place that has loved me for years and that I couldn't feel, but now I do...I am yours and I have changed and I love you..

That country that smells like gardania, that's shaped like a torch, that the Lord has blessed with his own two hands...I love it

My dear country, would you please forgive my past and my foolish games for I am your lost child and I have come home...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

لو لم يكن لبنان وطني لاخترت لبنان وطنا لي
جبران خليل جبران
if lebanon wasn't my country i choose lebanon as my country
Gibran K Gibran
Lebanon exists from 6000years and was written for more than 600 times in the Bible
with love to this best lecture i read this year
keep going
dad