Friday, July 25, 2008

Dearest Dhaka...

I closed my eyes in the airplane and was naturally recreating the memories and replaying the pictures of the City in my head...I was trying to keep it together and to imbibe whatever sorrow I felt in that second...And I can confirm that it's only later on that you realise what you have really left behind...a piece of my heart stayed in Dhaka this morning...it was a gullible and guilty little piece that dug a hole in the ground of Bangladesh to stay there forever...and as the slideshow was going a song on the radio said "You don't have to love me, I understand, believe me..." and that was it, if Dhaka could have told me something I think it would've been that sentence...and tears crawled down my face, more tears...and...more tears and I was sad but at ease with myself because I knew something had happened there, something had grown in me and that country called Bangladesh had helped me reconnect with my own country and with my own God...And so Dhaka, I am telling you this one thing that's on my mind right now: It's too late because I already do, I already love you, believe me...And I would also like to thank You...
Truly yours,
The shy little piece of my heart and I

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

dearest randa and sorry from dhaka
wellcome back to your hommmmmmmme
back to the other type of life where all are waiting for you this chalenging lovely intership
Thanks The LORD for every thing
dad

Imtiaz said...

Dear Randa,
You visited my country two to three years ago. Your Blog opened up the softest memories of my childhood. Not the cities, I do not care about bricks much, but the smell,the breeze,the village roads and the lonely boat everything... Thanks. You remind me of myself...twenty years ago. Be yourself and all that you can be.

Imtiaz

imtiaz said...

P.S. Just wondering, had you been okay in Lebanon. How is the political situation there ?

Randa said...

Dear Imtiaz,

I want to begin by thanking you, truly, for your kind words. I was surprised and very happy when I read them. It feels great to know that you related to my posts.
Bangladesh is a beautiful country, rich and authentic, with true and kind people.
I wish the best for you and your country.
Thanks for also asking about the situation in Lebanon, it is somehow okay at the moment, thank God for that.

Take care of yourself :)!

Randa

Abdur Farhan said...

I have no idea how i came across ur blog, but i did. i really enjoyed ur pictures and ur experience. I was born in Bangladesh but grew up here in USA. It was good getting a little taste of motherland from someone else. BTW, on "bengali wedding" section, on the first picture there is a women on green shari. 2nd one from left. was that you?

Randa said...

Dear Abdur Farhan,
many thanks for your post! it's really great to have some feedback from readers every now and then! in the Bengali wedding, you're right, I'm the one in the green sari.
Best, Randa.